Train the Trainer: People 1st Group Training Certificate (GTC)
For transforming personal energy and performance
The Group Training Certificate programme provides the knowledge and skills to design and deliver effective interactive theoretical training sessions to groups of people. On successful completion participants will be awarded People 1st ’s nationally recognized Group Training Certificate ( GTC).
Can be delivered over 3 or 4 days depending on customer requirements.
This course is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and two practical sessions in which participants can practice their new skills.
- How to plan training that meets their objectives
- How to identify appropriate methods of training that will maximize their group’s understanding
- How to develop skills to help engage all group members
- Specifically designed for managers, heads of department, supervisors, team leaders, trainers
- Staff who need to either understand the basics of training practice, or want to refine / update their training techniques
- Those who have never delivered training before will find it an ideal basis for their future training activities.
- Trainers or potential trainers from any discipline will benefit from the programme as it concentrates on the training process rather than the content.
Two thirds of businesses are moving more of their training in-house.
- Identify two training activities and write objectives that are appropriate for interactive group training sessions
- Plan accurate training sessions with support materials that reflect real practice and include appropriate information
- Carry out two interactive training sessions at a pace and sequence that maximize learning
- Provide constructive feedback to learners following practice sessions. To the standard of the People 1st Group Training Certificate (GTC)
- How people learn in groups
- How to set objectives for a training session
- How to structure a training session
- How to use different techniques to handle your group effectively
- How to use questioning techniques to develop learning and check understanding
- How to use visual aids and handouts to make the best impact
- How to put together exercises to get your group thinking
- How to complete action plans so your group can put their training into practice
This course is informal and highly participative
active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises
group work and two practical sessions in which participants can practice their new skills
Formal assessment whereby participants will be required to deliver the training session to the rest of the group and receive valuable feedback.
“ Have put my new GTC training skills into practice in the last week – 6 training courses in 4 different countries! What a difference from my training last year training – applying the new skills I have learned, now so much more effective and much more enjoyable. Thank you ”
– Viking Cruises
“ I enjoyed the training and I had a huge take away, so thank you very much for all your efforts.
You both are great role models and I hope, I can follow in your footsteps one day. Thank you very much for showing me and transferring all your knowledge over to us.”
– GTC course Vienna 2018
The Group Training Certificate and Practical Training Certificate programmes are developed and owned by People 1st, the workforce development charity for hospitality, passenger transport, travel, tourism and retail. Premier Life Skills is licensed to deliver the programmes as part of People 1st’s national network of approved trainers.