Train the Trainer: People 1st Practical Training Certificate (PTC)
For transforming personal energy and performance
The Practical Training Certificate course provides the knowledge and skills for those wanting to deliver “on-the-job” practical training. On successful completion participants will be awarded People 1st ’s nationally recognized Practical Training Certificate (PTC).
Can be delivered over 3 or 4 days depending on customer requirements.
This course is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and two practical sessions in which participants can practice their new skills.
- How to interest and motivate their trainees
- How to identify task processes and set acceptable standards for each step
- How to use questions to confirm understanding
- Specifically designed for those responsible for training team members in practical skills including managers, heads of department, supervisors, team leaders and trainers
- Staff who need to either understand the basics of training practice, or want to refine / update their training techniques
- Those who have never delivered training before will find it an ideal basis for their future training activities.
- Trainers or potential trainers from any discipline will benefit from the programme as it concentrates on the training process rather than the content.
Two thirds of businesses are moving more of their training in-house.
- Plan effective training that accommodates different learning styles
- Identify task processes and set acceptable standards for each step
- Design two practical training sessions using the ABC structure to meet specified training needs
- Deliver two short pieces of practical training
- Provide constructive feedback to learners following practical training sessions
- Assess and evaluate training sessions using feedback and self-analysis to ensure a process of continuous improvement
- How to adapt your training to different people’s learning styles
- How to structure your training session
- How to grab your trainee’s attention
- How to breakdown the process into steps and standards
- How to use questions to develop learning and keep trainees involved
- How to check your trainees’ understanding
This course is informal and highly participative
active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises
group work and two practical sessions in which participants can practice their new skills
Formal assessment whereby participants will be required to deliver the training session to the rest of the group and receive valuable feedback
“ Everything I needed to meet my objective and enhance my skills was covered. Brilliant course, cannot praise the trainer enough! ”
– TransPennine Express
“ I enjoyed the training and I had a huge take away, so thank you very much for all your efforts.
You both are great role models and I hope, I can follow in your footsteps one day. Thank you very much for showing me and transferring all your knowledge over to us.”
– GTC course Vienna 2018
The Group Training Certificate and Practical Training Certificate programmes are developed and owned by People 1st, the workforce development charity for hospitality, passenger transport, travel, tourism and retail. Premier Life Skills is licensed to deliver the programmes as part of People 1st’s national network of approved trainers.