Level 5 Diploma in Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness
Premier Life Skills are one of the only companies that provide the brand new CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness. This course is an NVQ Equivalent competence-based course which is accredited by Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). This course provides the knowledge and skills around understanding mental health and wellbeing awareness, which are two key areas that can be applied in life and in a work environment.
Who is it for?
The programme is a must for people for self-employed trainers, members of an organisational training team, human resources managers, wellbeing officers and champions, occupational health nurses, health and safety managers, health practitioners, coaches, counsellors, therapists
Mind 2019 stated that Mental Health problems are one of the main causes of the overall disease burden worldwide. With Mental Health being one of the main reasons for sick days in the UK. Gaining understanding and awareness of mental health is hugely important for both individuals and companies.
Following the “Thriving at Work” Report in 2017, it is highlighted that the UK faces a significant mental health challenge at work. With companies having a responsibility to provide support to employees. A crucial part of this is to understand mental health and wellbeing and how you are able incorporate tools in day to day life.
This new diploma that Premier Life Skills offers covers all aspects of mental health, stress and wellbeing awareness, offering you with the adaptable tools to apply within both a work and home setting. As well as providing and an environment in which you can ask questions openly and hear from other people’s experiences.
- Demonstrate your competence in Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness in line with the HSE management standards launched in 2004.
- Present a business case to Executive Teams in organisations in relation to Mental Health and Wellbeing at work.
- Design and run Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness programmes/one to one sessions for managers who need to meet the requirements of the HSE management standards and for staff who are experiencing stress at work.
- Use a range of techniques and activities to help individuals to recognise and deal with Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness in their lives.
- Access an expert support network to keep you up to date with the constant changes in the field of Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness.
Premier Life Skills Ltd is the only stress and well-being training company offering The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) accredited Diploma level 5 courses in Mental Health, Wellbeing Awareness and Stress Management and Stress Coaching..
The Training Course comprises 9 Units of Competence as follows:
- Design and present information on the Physiology of Wellbeing
- Design and present information on the Physiology of Breathing
- Design and present information on Voluntary Muscles and their Function
- Create and design methods to describe the Main Contributing Factors and Causes of Stress and Mental Health Related Problems
- Identify methods and techniques to elicit the Relaxation Response
- Create and design information to describe the benefits of Healthy Lifestyles and Effective Coping Strategies
- Develop strategies to meet Organisational Wellbeing Awareness Requirements
- Programme Planning
- Demonstrate Teaching and Presentation Skills for an effective Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness Training Programme
Receive all the information you will need to design and deliver mental health and wellbeing awareness training
A break of around 9/10 weeks where you will gain experience of delivering mental health and wellbeing awareness training/coaching, undertake additional research and prepare your portfolio
When you return for your final 3 days we will watch you complete a 45 minute micro teaching session to assess your training delivery skills
We will assess your completed portfolio
Typically we would expect the programme and associated study to take approximately 112 hours.
The Each delegate will be given:
- A folder of training data
- A Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness Training Manual
- The course standards
- Portfolio building materials
£1,800.00 + VAT = £2160.00
The Elstead Hotel
Should you require accommodation The Elstead Hotel can offer a reduced rate which only applies if you contact reservations direct and inform the reception staff you are on a course provided by Premier Life Skills.
“ I would do not hesitate to recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to obtain a Level 5 qualification in Mental Health and Well-being Awareness, and I would definitely recommend that the training is undertaken at Premier Life Skills. I am pleased to say that the course, and the manner in which it was delivered, exceeded my expectations.
The trainers are knowledgeable, approachable and patient. By the end of the course, there is no doubt about feeling sufficiently confident, and empowered to use the skills and training received to either enhance or begin a new career in this field. ”
– Sonia Russell
“ This is an excellent qualification for anyone looking to work in the Health and Wellbeing. It is a well-structured course, lots of varied content and accredited by an external Awarding Body CPCAB. ”
– Andy Romero-Birkbeck
You are advised to read our Terms & Conditions before applying.